Saturday, April 26, 2014

Product Review: Mayver's Super Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter

As a true bargain hunter, I check OzBargain a few times a day and I keep track of all the products that are on sale in Woolworths and Coles. Their catalogues are usually published online on Monday afternoons for deals of the following week (starts from Wednesday to Tuesday the following week). Checking it on Mondays would help me to decide if I should purchase the item on that day or if I should wait till Wednesday in case the items go on sale. That might sound rather troublesome, but when an item goes on sale, this can help me save up to half of the item price. 

Anyway, thanks to OzBargain who has made me aware of Woolworths' half priced offer for any Mayvers spread. Mayvers claimed to produce a range of spreads with no added oil, sugar or hardened fats. Peanut butter contains healthy fats and can make a nutritious snack. However, we need to be selective as some products may contain added sugar, salt and additives to it. When I learned that Mayver's was committed to deliver products that are free from unhealthy additives, I am very excited to give it a try.
With this offer, it comes down to the following:

Super Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter (pure Australian peanuts and a little sea salt): $5.36 to $2.49
Super Natural Smooth Peanut Butter (pure Australian peanuts and a little sea salt):
$5.36 to $2.49
Dark Chocolate Super Spread (Just chia, sesame, almond, cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts brazil nuts and natural dark chocolate): $8.59 --> $3.99
Original Super Spread (Just chia, sesame, almond, cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts and brazil nuts): $8.59 --> $3.99

There are many big chunks of peanuts and I really enjoy it. Compared to Kraft Peanut Butter spread, Mayver's consistency is more watery and less creamy. I also found it rather difficult to have it spread evenly on a toast. As expected, it is also neither sweet nor salty, which helped me to notice how sweet and salty Kraft's Whipped is. It may be better to pair it with banana considering the sweetness of a banana compared to bread. If you find Kraft Peanut Butter to be too sweet to your likings, you might actually enjoy Mayver's. I guess I would need to adjust my taste buds, and learn to enjoy the original flavour instead.

Ingredients in the two items:
Mayver's Crunchy Peanut Butter: pure Australian peanuts and a little sea salt (259mg/100g)
pure Australian peanuts and a little sea salt (259mg/100g) - See more at: http://www.mayvers.com.au/mayvers-pure-state-super-natural-crunchy-peanut-butter/#sthash.KIx5W9vK.dpuf
Kraft Crunchy Peanut Butter: Peanuts (85%), sugar, soybean oil (antioxidant 330), maltodextrin (from corn), emulsifier (471), salt, molasses

Usual price in Woolworths for the two items:
Mayver's Crunchy Peanut Butter: $5.46 for 375g
Kraft Crunchy Peanut Butter: $8.59 for 780g

If you would like to learn more about Mayver's, check out: http://www.mayvers.com.au/


No comments:

Post a Comment